Wednesday, September 26, 2007

African beads

I ordered some beads from Bead For Life last week, and just got them in the mail a few days ago. Last night I finally pulled out my jewelry making tools and made a few items for my upcoming craft show. These beads are all unique, each one being hand-made by a Ugandan woman. I tried to match up colors as best I could and made two pretty sets (at least, IMO they're pretty!).



The first one was made with red tigerwire, gold crimp beads, some glass and plastic beads mixed, and the larger Ugandan beads, a gold barrell clasp & a gold cage charm. The earrings are drops with glass & Ugandan beads on gold fish-hooks.




The next piece was made with blue tigerwire, glass beads, larger Ugandan beads, blue crimp beads & gold barrell clasps. The earrings are gold fish-hooks with glass and Ugandan beads. (cost: $12/set)



2 comments:

Warrior Mom said...

These are beautiful! I enjoy using beeds in my knitting. I think I may need to order some beeds. They are certainly affordable and I have enjoyed supporting the Free Trade Federation in the past. It is a very good cause.

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Those are just beautiful! I wish I had the talent you have...

Great Job!