Sunday, September 16, 2007

Basketweave Afghan



I crocheted this afghan last year, right before Christmas. I've made serveral basketweave afghans in the past few years, but kept this one for myself. It has 3 colors in it, and is crocheted with an I hook. To create the basketweave, you make a treble crochet (wrap the yarn around the hook 3x) and then hook it into the row of double crochets below the current row. It's a really simple pattern (as are most of the things that I make!), but I think it looks really nice when it's done. I don't work on afghans very often during the summer, but now that it's getting cold outside, I'm going to start work on a few larger items again. The craft show season is upon us, and I like to have a stack of these sitting around to keep folks warm!
(cost: $30-40)

4 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I would LOVE for you to make me a baby blanket for Isabella. Something with girly colors!

Alise said...

Absolutely, sweetie! I'd love to make something for your little one. I'll try to find a cute pattern for you and your new blessing!

~A

Warrior Mom said...

This is a beautiful afghan, I really like the seasonal colors.

I haven't ever been able to manage a larger crochet project. I can manage to crochet dishcloths and I crochet the edges of many of my knitted items. I can't seem to manage the tension and soon my stiches are so tight that I can't fit the hook through them! I guess I am just a two needle yarn crafter....

Laura said...

I love this pattern. I have an afghan made with two colors like this one on my youngest daughter's glider....